Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sewing for me


So I showed this in progress a little while ago and finally have it finished. Although I haven't posted about much about them almost all of my sewing projects go to other people. Gifts for family, hemming pants for my mom and my daughters or fixing ripped pockets or pants for the husband. I truely enjoy being able to do all these things and only wish that I had known how to sew much earlier - to think of all the clothes we threw away because they were torn! I've sewn a few purses for myself (and a few diaper bags) but this is the first non-needed totally just for fun project that I have whipped up just for me! One of the best things is that all the pieces are scraps left over from other projects so everytime I look at it I remember the chairs I recovered for my sisters wedding present, the insulated wine carrier I made for another sister, a toy dog for my daughter, it's like a trip down memory lane. That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment