Sunday, April 22, 2012

What I've learned from pinterest


This is my photo from the mason jar soap dispenser I made here.
I still love it just as much, the lid has gotten a little rusty so I would make sure to paint the lid HEAVILY. Other than that it worked as expected. I have also made a cornstarch filled mason jar using the pour spout from an old salt container. This works Okay, I still have to unscrew the lid for some things and it is better than the box I used to use that somehow made a huge mess EVERY time I opened it.

The fake febreeze however isn't working as well. It seems to be fine when I can actually get it to spray- it could just be the spray bottle I used but I think the baking soda is not fully dissolved and little pieces are clogging up the tube. Reconstituting your broken make up using rubbing alcohol also has mixed results. It did form a pancake again but has since cracked apart, I think maybe I used too much alcohol?

I have also made homemade laundry soap and this seems to work very well. There is a little bit of money layout in the beginning because of the large sizes of washing soda and borax but it has been lasting for a long time. Next time I make a batch I'll just need to purchase a bar of soap- I used fels naptha.

Overall I'm very pleased that I was able to make and use all these things that I had pinned. I just realized that all of these are from my thrifty board- I guess that says something about me! Pinterest has been helpful to me in another way too, it finally got me to get rid of all the old decorating magazines that I've been hoarding for years ( I'm donating them to my daughters school). That makes me Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment